1. Info we collect
2. How it can be used
3. With who it may be shared
4. Choices you have for updating your personal info.
The info you give will help us optimize the services we provide by making your searches faster, showing you more relevant ads and helping you connect quicker with people of similar interests. You can use our services in different ways – to search for and share info, to communicate with other people or to create new content. While using our services, you should know we will handle the info you provide in such a manner to protect your privacy.
We may collect personal info that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other info that does not identify you. When you provide personal info through our website, the info may be sent to servers located in other countries around the world. Info can be collected in two ways:
Info you provide.
To access many of our features, you need to create your personal Tourist Tube Account. You need therefore to provide initially your name and email address. More personal info will be required in your profile for optimizing your connections to interesting themes and members. We can also keep track of the services you use, in particular how you interact with content and ads we show you.
Info we get from the use of our services.
We may collect info about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our advertising services or you view and interact with our ads and content. This info includes:
We can collect your system info including hardware, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number which can be linked to your Tourist Tube Account in order to provide you with our GPS based services.
We can automatically collect and store info in server logs about:
- Search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- Browser type and language.
- Date and time of requests and referral URL.
We can collect and process information about your whereabouts from GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We can also find locations by getting sensor data from your device to nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Unique application numbers
Unique application number together with operating system and application version numbers can be collected for us to provide you with synchronized automatic updates.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
Cookies that uniquely identify browsers or Tourist Tube accounts can be used to store info upon your use of Tourist Tube services to offer to our business partners, in particular such as advertising services.
Use of collected info
We may use info that we collect about you in general to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Collected info is used to maintain, protect and improve existing services, to develop new ones, and to protect our users. We also use this info to offer you personalized content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
Also, other users can see your public profile info.
Record of your communication with us can be kept to help solve any issues you might be facing.
We can use your email address to inform you about our services and future changes or developments.
We ask you to be aware when and with whom we may share personal or other info we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
We do not share your personal info prior to your consent except with the following parties:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal info with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal info needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such info by themselves for any other purposes.
- Business partners: Personal info contained in videos, comments or other user submissions, or given upon making purchases, reservations or engaging in promotions offered through our website or our services, may be shared with our business partners to offer you those products, services, and promotions. Moreover, when you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other info to that merchant.
- Direct mail partners: From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that you may be interested in. If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, you can notify us at any time.
- Other Situations: We also may disclose your info:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We may also share aggregated and non-personal info we collect under any of the above circumstances with third parties companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal info we collect with additional non-personal info collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated info with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This info does not contain any personal info and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Choices on accessing and updating personal information
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexed by search engines. You have different options on sharing and removing your content. For example, you can:
- Show or hide info related your account.
- Fine-tune how your profile appears to particular users.
- Control who you share uploads with.
- Delete info out of many of our services.
- Block all cookies in your browsers; although you should know that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
When you update your personal info, we can ask you to verify your id before we can act on your request.
Be aware also that after you delete info from our services, we can keep residual copies on our active servers and our backup systems.
We will make our upmost to protect Tourist Tube and our users from unapproved access to or unapproved handling of information we hold. Therefore, we will:
- Encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- Guard against unapproved physical access to our servers.
- Restrict access to personal info to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that info in order to process it and who are subject to strict non-disclosure obligations.
©2015 TouristTube. All rights reserved.